Tag: ursol’s vortex
In 5.4, knockbacks will now share a very harsh diminishing return, rendering people immune to further knockbacks for ten seconds after the first.
- Area knockback effects now all share a diminishing return category. After a player has been moved by one of these spells, the player will be immune for 10 seconds. This new category applies to: Fellash, Gorefiend’s Grasp, Glyph of Explosive Trap, Thunderstorm, Typhoon, Ursol’s Vortex, and Whiplash.
Not being able to typhoon back into a Vortex is going to be pretty bad. I get wanting to block class stacking knockbacks in arena, but double-tapping moonkin is just silly.
Beta Build 15650 is being released, and the following has been nerfed:
- Ursol’s Vortex now has a 60 sec cooldown, up from 30 sec cooldown. Now lasts 10 secs, down from 15 secs.
Moonkin can never have anything pretty.
Still no real changes to our level 60 or 90 talents.
Now that the servers are up, I’ve noticed a few undocumented changes:
- Glyph of Stars ‘spark’ effect has been moved to our feet. It’s not nearly as obvious now.
- There’s no longer charges to Wild Mushroom, but the new placing mechanic exists. It’s much nicer now.
This is a bit early to post the round up, but I’ll be traveling this evening and may not get to post.
A few more details are coming out from beta.
Wowhead has an updated talent calculator available. A few changes can be noted:
- Incarnation now doubles eclipse energy in and out of an Eclipse, causing you to transition Eclipses much faster.
- This should be a much larger DPS increase than extending an Eclipse like before.
- Ursol’s Vortex now snares all targets within it’s range, and when they try to leave, they’re sucked back to the center.
- It used to just suck them to the center, now they have a pretty nasty snare on top of it. Much nicer for PVP.
Insect Swarm is missing from beta. It’s theorized that it is an intentional removal and will either be re-tooled or removed completely.
Erdluf of ElitistJerks compares spell co-efficients of our spells in MoP versus Cataclysm:
Our direct nukes were increased by 26%, which may be to offset the loss of Insect Swarm.
- However, we also lost 14% damage from talents.
- 10% from Earth and Moon
- 4% from Master Shapeshifter
It’s also interesting to note the 50% nerf to Starfall. I’m willing to absorb that given how much more often Starfall will now be cast, and knowing that it will always be lined up with Lunar Eclipse.
Wild Mushrooms were also nerfed by 42%, however Hurricane/Arcane Storm saw a 176% increase, which is welcome, as it allows us to have viable AoE in both Lunar and Solar Eclipse.