In 5.4, knockbacks will now share a very harsh diminishing return, rendering people immune to further knockbacks for ten seconds after the first.
- Area knockback effects now all share a diminishing return category. After a player has been moved by one of these spells, the player will be immune for 10 seconds. This new category applies to: Fellash, Gorefiend’s Grasp, Glyph of Explosive Trap, Thunderstorm, Typhoon, Ursol’s Vortex, and Whiplash.
Not being able to typhoon back into a Vortex is going to be pretty bad. I get wanting to block class stacking knockbacks in arena, but double-tapping moonkin is just silly.
The PTR was updated with the following balance changes:
- Typhoon mana cost has been reduced from 32% of base mana to 25% of base mana.
- Starfall damage has been increased. Now causes 563 to 653 Arcane damage (Up from 433 to 503) and 101 Arcane damage (Up from 78) to all other enemies within 5 yards.
- Nature’s Grasp: Now has 3 charges, up from 1.
While I rely on both heavily in Icecrown and welcome the changes, I was hoping for something a bit more substantial. I may not be a PVPer, but I really don’t think this is a huge burst difference in PVP, either, and I hope this is not what they were promising. Considering that Starfall cannot continue to proc while stunned, it seems underwhelming. I’d like to see that restriction reverted, too.
Finally a few 3.3 balance changes, although they’re mainly for PvP.
- Force of Nature: Health on the treants has been increased.
Who knows if this will compensate for the change to AoE avoidance that pets lost. This could affect PvE but it’ll be marginal in comparison to the PvP affects.
Also, a nerf to Typhoon (in PVP), and for us assholes who enjoy flying outside Krasus Landing and typhooning people to their death…
- Knockbacks no longer dismount players. If on a flying mount, you will be knocked back a short distance before being able to resume flying.
Am I the only one who’s rather bothered by the fact that they haven’t addressed balance PvE viability at all in 3.3?