A few new glyphs have been added but are flagged NYI (not yet implemented). There’s no guarantee these will actually show up.
- Glyph of Guided Stars (NYI) Your Starfall only hits targets affected by your Moonfire or Sunfire.
- Glyph of One With Nature(NYI) Grants you the ability to teleport to a random natural location.
- Glyph of the Prolific Mushroom (NYI) You can now have only one Wild Mushroom active at once, but your mushroom deals 0% additional damage.
Obviously the damage percentage on mushroom is a placeholder. It’ll allow us to drop one mushroom to burst instead of AoE. The Starfall one I’m mixed on, because if you don’t have MF or SuF up on two targets, you’re not going to do damage with Starfall.
A new beta build has been released, and while the patch notes don’t discuss much, there’s actually quite a bit of changes in store for Balance.
Here’s what’s been discovered so far:
- Fae Alignment has been removed.
- Euphoria revamped. Now doubles all Eclipse energy outside of Eclipse.
- Eclipse revamped. DoTs are no longer extended while under Eclipse.
- Moonfire and Sunfire revamped. Now lasts 18 seconds. For Balance only, Starsurge and Wrath(Solar)/Starfire(Lunar) critical strikes extend the DoT by one tick.
- Sunfire is now a separate spell (Balance only) that can be cast at any time.
- Astral Communion duration now 4 seconds. Restores 25 energy per second.
- PVP 4-pc bonus revamped: Allows Astral Communion to be cast while moving.
This changes a lot of things with our rotation. After playing around a bit on beta, it seems the way to go is passive abilities. With Soul of the Forest, it takes exactly two Starfires to go from Lunar to Solar Eclipse. Incarnation also consumes a global cooldown, which is pretty awkward. While it may seem cool to keep 100% uptime on both DoTs, I don’t think wasting a GCD is worth it, especially since we can move Eclipses so much faster now. Mastery obviously will be a much more important stat for us now, as will crit (due to the DoT extension).
What are your opinions of the change? I’m quite happy.
MMO-Champion has data-mined a lot of interesting things have been added to beta build 15677. First off, the druid cat forms now have armor for incarnation. We can expect the same for moonkin coming along shortly.
(Images credited to MMO-Champion)
As for the spell changes:
- Hurricane now costs 50.3% of Base Mana, down from 75.5% of Base Mana.
- Moonfire base DoT-damage has been increased by 11%.
- Ursol’s Vortex now has a 20 yards range. (Bug Fix)
- Heart of the Wild tooltip clarification: 6% Agility and Intellect bonus applies at all times.
- Nature’s Vigil now only affect single-target healing and damage spells.
The change to Nature’s Vigil is expected, since Mushrooms, Starfall, Hurricane, etc would have made it quite OP. The mana reduction to Hurricane is nice, although I’m still not sure if I like where the damage is. We’ll need Recount to really tell. The Moonfire DoT increase is welcomed, but DoTs are still weaker compared to Cataclysm by a considerable amount in both damage and duration, so I’m still not satisfied.
Other various abilities and talents also had their wording clarified that they can’t be cast in travel or aquatic form. Basically, if an ability does not specifically specify “in all forms”, it won’t work in either of those two.
Another beta patch is being pushed, and it’s still inherently obvious that Blizzard has no clue what to do with talent trees. MMO-Champion is reporting some interesting base damage increases across the board.
- Starfall base damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 34% of Spell Power, up from 31.2%.
- Starfire Now scales from 169.4% of Spell Power, up from 155.3%
- Moonfire DoT duration reduced to 12 seconds. Now scales from 24.8% of Spell Power, up from 22.7%.
- Wrath Now scales from 121% of Spell Power, up from 110%.
- Force of Nature now lasts for 15 seconds with a 60 second cooldown.
- Dream of Cenarius no longer has the once per 30 second restriction.
- Heart of the Wild re-worded. You now get all of the bonuses not belonging to your spec.
Tier 14 Bonuses:
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 2P Bonus – Your Starfall deals 20% additional damage.
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 4P Bonus – Increases the duration of your Moonfire and Sunfire spells by 3 sec.
Our DoTs have been decreased considerably as the beta rolls on. Initially, from the talent removal of the personal damage boosts of Balance of Power, Master Shapeshifter, and Earth and Moon, to removing the improved ‘Insect Swarm’. Our direct nukes had damage increased to counter it, but DoTs did not. Now they’re reduced from 18 seconds to 12 seconds. Nerfing it just to re-introduce it via the 4 piece bonus seems a bit cheesy to me.
The slight increase in coefficients is nice, but I’m still not happy overall via the DoT change.
Force of Nature trees still do the same damage, so they were nerfed, from a 33% (60/180) uptime to a 25% (15/60) uptime.
As for the changes to Dream of Cenarius and Heart of the Wild, I’m bothered that Blizzard is making small tweaks to completely failed talent options, instead of a complete re-work.
Needless to say, I’m a bit hot under the feathers right now. What about you?
Have to love ambiguous hotfix notes:
- Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar.
Had to share this with you guys. Here’s what’s new with Moonkin in next patch :
Many crowd control abilities no longer cause creatures to attack players when they are cast. The creature will not attack the player when the crowd control wears off, and nearby creatures will not become hostile to the player either. However, if a visible player gets too close to the target creature, the creature will remember and attack the player when the crowd control effect wears off. The intent is to make it easier for dungeon groups to manage crowd control assignments and pulling packs of hostile NPCs. The abilities affected by this change are: Hibernate, Entangling Roots […]
Entangling Roots and the equivalent spell triggered by Nature’s Grasp no longer deal damage.
Innervate now grants an ally target 5% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds, but still grants 20% of the druid’s maximum mana over 10 seconds when self-cast.
Insect Swarm now generates 8 Lunar Energy for druids with Eclipse.
Moonfire now generates 8 Solar Power for druids with Eclipse.
Sunfire now generates 8 Lunar Energy for druids with Eclipse.
Glyph of Innervate now causes the druid to gain 10% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds when Innervate is used on a friendly target, in addition to Innervate’s base effect.
Allright so basicaly a buff to our damage, but a nerf to our utility. The CC change is pretty sweet, you don’t have to be scared of slow-on-taunt tanks anymore. Innervate : Really? 0.5% mana per second? I know I’m not wasting this 3min cooldown for another guy’s 500 mana! Hello new glyph choice. Monsoon or Focus, probably. I believe the Solar power changes are on apply only, which means you don’t get 8 power each tick (that would be awesome though), but hey, it does accelerate our transitions a bit. I believe that’s how the spell worked in beta (correct me if i’m wrong).
Any thoughts on this guys? How have you been performing in ZA and ZG with your druids? I find myself on top of dps alot of times. Getting those new epics help out too. Haven’t stepped in any raid so far. Guild pretty much dead. Server pretty much dead. Just enjoying the moonkin life.
Tune in later for more news!
Source : MMO-Champion
Browsing various forums lately, I’ve seen many myths being professed about how our DoTs work. To be honest, I recently learned more myself. Let me quickly tell you what IS true and what is NOT true with DoTs.
DoTs will dynamically scale with:
- Critical Strike Rating
This means if you gain/lose crit while the DoT is ticking on a target, the DoT’s crit rate will change as your crit rate changes.
DoTs do not dynamically scale with:
- Damage buffs (i.e.: Eclipse)
This means the DoT will maintain whatever Eclipse buff, haste and spellpower over the duration of the DoT. This is why it’s important that we use Insect Swarm prior to Moonfire/Sunfire, as we want the haste granted from Insect Swarm to be applied to the more damaging of the DoTs, which is Moonfire/Sunfire. This is why it’s also smart to berserk, if a troll, at the beginning of an Eclipse, as your DoTs should each gain ~2 ticks each.
This has been a public service announcement.