So if you’re like me and now have become tranq bitch on Lich King, here’s a macro that may help you out:
#showtooltip Soothe/use [@mouseover,harm][@focus,harm]Soothe
This macro will prioritize mouseover, then focus, then target. This will allow you to focus one shambling and still potentially tranq the other by mousing over it. If you don’t have a mouseover or a focus, it’ll tranq your current target.
I also use the following macro to set my focus. It’ll attempt to focus the mouseover target, and if you don’t have one, will focus your current target.
There were a few in-game fixes that were applied recently. A few changes to Icecrown Citadel were made.
- For the Sindragosa encounter, Frost Breath cast under 35% HP no longer has a snare component and there are no longer diminishing returns on Taunt effects.
- The Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player) meta achievement no longer requires Neck-Deep in Vile to be completed.
I guess the change to Sindragosa is to help tanks who have to get out to reset stacks, although I wasn’t aware it was that big of an issue. The nerf to GotIR(10) must be because Blizzard doesn’t want you to stack certain classes to be successful in a 10man raid.
We managed to kill heroic Sindragosa tonight. Time to spend the next few weeks playing with Arthas.
We managed to kill Professor Putricide on heroic mode tonight after 3 long weeks of attempts. On to heroic Sindragosa now.
Apparently nerfs to the encounter are now being called “hotfixes”. The following nerfs were applied to ICC:
- In the Lord Marrowgar encounters, the boss will no longer reset threat after a bone storm and will now wait a small amount of time before attacking at the end of a bone storm.
- In the Deathbringer Saurfang encounters, the boss is now less likely to cast Blood Nova on targets affected by Mark of the Fallen Champion.
- In both normal and heroic versions of the 10 player Rotface encounter, the mutated infection ability will not be cast as quickly while the fight progresses.
- In the 10- and 25-player heroic Festergut encounters, the malleable goo ability should no longer target pets.
- In the Valithria Dreamwalker encounters, the duration of Emerald Vigor and Twisted Nightmares were slightly increased.
- In the Sindragosa encounters, the duration of the instability debuff was slightly reduced.
We killed Lich King on 25man tonight, after many many hours perfecting (and I use that word loosely), phase 3. I must say it’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had in any single encounter, and for the most part, redeems Icecrown Citadel for me. The really amazing thing is how they’ve made a role for all classes, including us moonkin. We bring much value to the fight, and I’ve had those in my guild tell me if I hadn’t been there they wouldn’t have killed it.
The essentials: [item]Glyph of Starfall[/item] helps a lot. But what you REALLY need is [spell]Glyph of Typhoon[/spell], unglyphed, so you can knock back the vile spirits in phase 5. It makes them so much more manageable. The daze also helps slow the Val’kyr when they land so stuns can be put out easier.
NOTE: The mobs in phase 1 ARE able to be knocked back, so you probably do NOT want to use Typhoon there.
I’ll post a kill shot once it becomes available.
It was announced today that a hotfix is being applied that no longer deducts attempts from the limited attempts pool on normal mode. This does not remove the counter, however, only stops the deduction.
That also means that you must have one attempt remaining on heroic to attempt the boss on normal instead.
Let’s see how this affects guild progress.
Click here to see the weapons dropped off the Lich King. Notice how the DPS caster weapon is a SWORD. Thanks Blizzard.
This is the 10man list.
10man items to note:
[item]51799[/item] (Heroic: [item]51943[/item])
[item]51803[/item] (Heroic: [item]51939[/item])
25man items to note:
[item]50429[/item] (Heroic: [item]50731[/item])
[item]51939[/item] appears to be best in slot, however if you manage to kill 25man heroic Arthas, [item]50734[/item], the healing mace, may be a better option just because of the insane stats on it.
I too finally picked up [item]Nibelung[/item]. There’s been a flurry of activity throughout the forums and DPS blogosphere about the stats for the Nibelung, so I won’t bore you too much. I’ll try to touch on the main moonkin items:
- Many abilities proc Nibelung. These include [item]Glyph of Starfall[/item], [spell]Earth and Moon[/spell], and [spell]Languish[/spell]. That means when Lunar Eclipse is active, you effectively have quadrupled your proc-rate for the Val’kyrs. (The proc rate is 1%. This assumes you have 4pc T10).
- The val’kyrs currently do not enjoy the same AoE avoidance as hunter pets, treants, etc. However, it seems just like pets, there are some fights in which they are immune to certain AoE damage. (Festergut being an example).
- [item]Glyph of Starfall[/item] may be a wise replacement for [item]Glyph of Insect Swarm[/item]. I’m currently testing it out. Starfall is great at forcing the Nibelung to proc.
- After about 7 minutes on a heroic training dummy, (about 3 million damage worth), the Val’kyrs were 8.2% of my damage. My treants were about 3.6%.
There are some fights the Val’kyr get absolutely raped, so it’s handy to have a good MH/OH combination ready. Blood Queen Lana’thel is one of those fights.
There were some hotfixes to Crimson Halls today. The Blood Queen hotfix seems to make her much easier. Congratulations to the 160 or so guilds worldwide who killed her pre-nerf!
Blood Prince Council
- Prince Keleseth will no longer melee players. So if you get knocked into Keleseth or happen to move by him, he won’t swipe in between his casts and kill a non-tank.
- The first Shadow Resonance should appear earlier in the fight, which will allow the Keleseth tank to have more orbs on him or her if Keleseth is empowered second instead of third. We didn’t want which Blood Prince was empowered second to be a major element of the difficulty in the fight.
- We reduced the melee damage for the Princes by 10% for the 10 player difficulty. They were doing less damage than the 25 player before the hotfix, but this change lowers the damage further.
- Empowered Flames will now run out of power after shooting fewer firebolts in the 10 player difficulty. We did not change the initial impact damage.
- The Blood-Queen is no longer spawned until the Blood Princes dies. This will prevent any unfortunate entry of her highness while a raid is fighting the Blood Princes. The initial hotfix for this causes the Blood-Queen to not spawn at all in a particular circumstance, but this was also fixed last night.
- We increased the duration of Essence of the Blood Queen to 60 seconds in 25 player difficulty, and 75 seconds in 10 player difficulty. A strategy developed for managing the Essences throughout the fight that involved intentionally killing a player, and this change addresses that strategy. The new timing does interact with some of her other abilities in new ways, but there are methods that players have to lessen that impact.