It looks like our concerns for single target DPS (and Wrath DPS in particular) have not gone unanswered. While mages and warriors found themselves nerfed, elemental shaman were slightly buffed and moonkin are enjoying a fairly large single target buff:
- Starfire damage has been increased by approximately 3%.
- Starsurge damage has been increased by approximately 3%.
- Wrath damage has been increased by approximately 9%.
- Non-Restoration Druids will now properly get a mana discount when casting Cenarion Ward while Heart of the Wild is active. Feral and Guardian Druids will also properly gain increased healing.
Hopefully this will begin to solve our single target issues as well as damage disparity between solar and lunar.
A few hotfixes have been announced today, most of which were already reported here.
Caster hotfixes to note:
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs.
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer trigger melee procs from trinkets, however, it should still trigger melee procs from abilities such as Flametongue Attack.
- The trinket Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor is now pulsier, with more lightning!
- Moonwell Chalice should no longer grant its mastery rating bonus when the activating player unequips it.
In the end, I still think we come out better in the end.4.
A host of small hotfixes have been applied to live, with only one pertaining to balance druids. (I was hoping for a 2T12 buff!)
- Starfall should no longer hit enemies with whom the player is not in combat in Grim Batol or the Firelands.
I was aware this was an issue in Grim Batol, but not Firelands. They’ve yet to fix the previously hotfixed (but never actually hotfixed) problem where Starfall attacks CC’d targets.
EDIT: After looking at the patch notes a bit more, I re-read this:
- The Feral druid 4-piece tier-12 set bonus should now interact properly with Primal Madness and Euphoria.
I’m guessing they were referring to the Balance druid 4-piece tier-12 set bonus when they mentioned Euphoria.
Here’s a hotfix that came out for Starfall. To be honest, I didn’t know this was a problem. (But it would be nice if they made Starfall ignored CC’d targets, like a previous hotfix said it would.)
- Starfall should no longer strike targets with which the druid is not in combat.
Have to love ambiguous hotfix notes:
- Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar.
Just one small druid hotfix. One I wish they would address is the fact that Starfall still breaks CC, despite claims that it should not.
- Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral) will now remove Stealth, Invisibility, Vanish, Shadowmeld and Prowl from players.
A hotfix was applied for Starfall. Did this fix the issue? Still seems they have not addressed the slowness of stars.
Starfall will now hit any target in range which is in combat or not at full health (including the Exposed Head of Magmaw, which was causing issues with Starfall).
A few hotfixes were released, with only one pertaining to balance druids:
- Starfall no longer exceeds 20 stars within its duration.
Usually I just tack on updates to the bottom of posts, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this as there may be some initial confusion (as there was for me).
After the hotfix, Shooting Stars will not be consumed while currently casting starsurge. The behavior IS a little but funky though. If shooting stars procs while you’re casting Starsurge, you’ll briefly notice the countdown on Starsurge start, then reset and the proc aura will light back up. There’s about a half second delay, so if you start seeing your countdown rolling, don’t panic! =)
I’m a few days late on this, but I’ve been pretty busy as of late. There were a few minor tweaks to Icecrown Citadel:
- Muradin and Saurfang will no longer gain stacks of Battlefury from totems. Additionally, the duration of Battlefury has also been reduced.
- Lord Marrowgar is now tauntable.
- Deathbringer Saurfang’s Rune of Blood has been modified to heal 10 times the amount of damage dealt instead of 5 times the damage. This will make the encounter more difficult if you try to tank Saurfang with just one character. The tooltip does not reflect this change, but it will in a future patch.
They’ve also made some changes to the older heroics, that triggered events at certain health levels (such as Ionar, Tharon’ja, etc), to only trigger once per fight. It was pretty silly with the levels of DPS that exist now, where you’d push them into event after event.
The changes to Marrowgar should help save the morons who can’t control their threat after the agro drop, after the bone storm. Besides that, shouldn’t be a big deal. The changes to Battlefury will nerf the Gunship battle a bit, and make it easier for tanking. The biggest change I think is the buff to the Saurfang encounter. I know some people have struggled since the hotfix.