Tag: dream of cenarius
A few talent tweaks to L90. I can’t see how you would NOT take Dream of Cenarius right now, despite how much I hate the talent:
- Dream of Cenarius now increases the damage bonus of your next Eclipse by 25% for Balance, up from 10%. Feral proc now causes your next two melee abilities to deal 30% additional damage, up from 25%.
- Nature’s Vigil now increases all damage and healing done by 12% for 30 sec, up from 10%.
Looks like some more number tweaking is happening despite 5.0 having gone live on the realms.
- Hurricane base damage increased by 27% and SP scaling increased by 7%.
- Dream of Cenarius now increases the damage done by your next 2 Moonfire or Sunfire casts by 50%, down from 65%.
The hurricane change is great and all, but it doesn’t do anything to deal with the fact that Solar is still a very important side of our direct damage (since, well, we have to use it), and our direct damage in Solar is pretty poor. Continuing to buff the AoE side of Solar and making a larger discrepancy doesn’t solve the problem.
Dream of Cenarius is about back to where it started. I’m not exactly thrilled with the implementation of that talent, and I’m not sure anyone who is.
A few small changes in this build. They’re still tweaking with Dream of Cenarius… and it still sucks.
- Dream of Cenarius now works with instant casts. Now increases the damage done by your next 2 Moonfire or Sunfire casts by 100% or by your next 2 melee abilities by 30%, rather than your next damaging spell by 70% or by your next melee ability by 30%.
Also, our four piece was updated. A slight buff.
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 4P Bonus – Increases the duration of your Moonfire and Sunfire spells by 4 sec, up from 3 sec.
Basically nothing to write home about in this build, but it’s not a nerf, so I’m not complaining!
Another beta build was pushed today, and already our tier 90 talents are being nerfed.
- Cenarion Ward now costs 14.8% of Base Mana, down from 22.4%.
- Dream of Cenarius now increases healing done by your next healing spell by 70%, up from 30%. Tranquility is no longer affected.
- Nature’s Vigil now increases all damage and healing done by 20% for 30 sec, down from 30%. Single target spells now damage or heal a nearby target for 25% of the damage/healing done, down from 50%.
Cenarion Ward seems pretty useless to me. It’s an underpowered rejuvenation, and after the change, is slightly cheaper. It has higher tick values but overall less healing. I guess a feral may like it because they can cast it in form, but it just seems pretty underpowered. With the exception of leveling up to 90, I cannot find a use for it over Renewal.
The Dream of Cenarius nerf means there is absolutely no reason for me to use this in PVE. Tranquility was the only reason I ever would have thought about it. The only thing I could possibly think of now would be in PVP, given that it affects Renewal. Might of Ursoc + Renewal heals for a huge chunk of damage, and if you can add 70% to that, you’re pretty much getting a self-Lay on Hands.
The Nature’s Vigil nerf means the overall sustained damage from Nature’s Vigil is only 3.33%, versus ~6% for Heart of the Wild. Unless you see some sort of burn phase where you get a bonus damage modifier, Nature’s Vigil will seem much less attractive. I’ll have to see what kind of numbers it pulls with Celestial Alignment + Bloodlust.
Also, the Horde bear form incarnation graphics were datamined as well, courtesy of MMO-Champion:
Ghostcrawler recently posted in the beta forum regarding level 90 druid talents, here’s what he has to say:
We’re not yet happy with the druid level 90 row. We still like the theme of it playing into the druid’s hybrid nature and we want to reassure you (which I think most of you already know) that druids won’t do lower damage or healing compared to other classes just because some other class has an unambiguous throughput increasing talent at level 90. Classes are balanced around their whole package.
Nonetheless, we want the bottom row of talents to be exciting. In the next (hopefully) build, you’ll see a few changes.
Disentanglement — no longer a talent. Shapeshifting for all druids just breaks roots.
Dream of Cenarius — increases damage spells by 70% (up from 30%).
Heart of the Wild — now also grants 6% passive Agility and Intellect.
Nature’s Vigil — replaces Disentanglement. Increases all damage and healing done by 30% for 30 sec, with a 3 min cooldown. While active, all healing spells also damage a nearby target for 50% of healing done, and all damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done.Let us know how they feel once you get a chance to try them.
I am happy for these changes, and Nature’s Vigil is the type of talent we’ve been asking for. Having disentanglement returned baseline for ALL specs (it already was for balance) is also a nice touch.
We now have two throughput increasing talents: Heart of the Wild, which is a passive 6% intellect boost at all times, or Nature’s Vigil, which is a burst DPS boost. Depending on the fight will depend which option we go for. I’m afraid no one will actually take Heart of the Wild for anything BUT the passive stat boost, however. The rest of the talent could not exist and I doubt anyone would care.
What’s your opinion?
Another beta patch is being pushed, and it’s still inherently obvious that Blizzard has no clue what to do with talent trees. MMO-Champion is reporting some interesting base damage increases across the board.
- Starfall base damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 34% of Spell Power, up from 31.2%.
- Starfire Now scales from 169.4% of Spell Power, up from 155.3%
- Moonfire DoT duration reduced to 12 seconds. Now scales from 24.8% of Spell Power, up from 22.7%.
- Wrath Now scales from 121% of Spell Power, up from 110%.
- Force of Nature now lasts for 15 seconds with a 60 second cooldown.
- Dream of Cenarius no longer has the once per 30 second restriction.
- Heart of the Wild re-worded. You now get all of the bonuses not belonging to your spec.
Tier 14 Bonuses:
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 2P Bonus – Your Starfall deals 20% additional damage.
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 4P Bonus – Increases the duration of your Moonfire and Sunfire spells by 3 sec.
Our DoTs have been decreased considerably as the beta rolls on. Initially, from the talent removal of the personal damage boosts of Balance of Power, Master Shapeshifter, and Earth and Moon, to removing the improved ‘Insect Swarm’. Our direct nukes had damage increased to counter it, but DoTs did not. Now they’re reduced from 18 seconds to 12 seconds. Nerfing it just to re-introduce it via the 4 piece bonus seems a bit cheesy to me.
The slight increase in coefficients is nice, but I’m still not happy overall via the DoT change.
Force of Nature trees still do the same damage, so they were nerfed, from a 33% (60/180) uptime to a 25% (15/60) uptime.
As for the changes to Dream of Cenarius and Heart of the Wild, I’m bothered that Blizzard is making small tweaks to completely failed talent options, instead of a complete re-work.
Needless to say, I’m a bit hot under the feathers right now. What about you?