Tag: beta build
Looks like some more number tweaking is happening despite 5.0 having gone live on the realms.
- Hurricane base damage increased by 27% and SP scaling increased by 7%.
- Dream of Cenarius now increases the damage done by your next 2 Moonfire or Sunfire casts by 50%, down from 65%.
The hurricane change is great and all, but it doesn’t do anything to deal with the fact that Solar is still a very important side of our direct damage (since, well, we have to use it), and our direct damage in Solar is pretty poor. Continuing to buff the AoE side of Solar and making a larger discrepancy doesn’t solve the problem.
Dream of Cenarius is about back to where it started. I’m not exactly thrilled with the implementation of that talent, and I’m not sure anyone who is.
A fairly important build has been pushed in Beta, with the client version being upped to 5.0.3.
A few small (but important) changes have been added, notably adding a bit more clarification and help with Fae Empowerment:
Fae Empowerment now increases buff duration on Lunar and Solar Empowerment to 20 seconds, and adds Astral Empowerment, which increases the energy gain of the next 3 spells cast in 12 seconds by 35%.
- This is important since lengthening your cycle really messes up with your DoTs. The Astral Empowerment should ensure the cycle does not extend.
Shooting Stars proc chance reduced from 50% to 40%
- A slight nerf, but there was warning they’d be adjusting things over the next few builds, and honestly, it did proc an AWFUL LOT.
Beta Build 15739 will be released shortly, and included are many moonkin buffs.
With these buffs, it’s important to know that not only did the base damage get increased by 10%, the spell coefficient did as well.
- Moonfire damage was increased by 10%.
- Starfall damage was increased by 10%.
- Wrath damage was increased by 10%.
- Starfire damage was increased by 10%.
- Starsurge damage was increased by 10%.
- Astral Communion: Commune with the sun and moon, gaining 15 (was 20) Lunar or Solar energy every 1 sec for 7 sec (was 5 sec)
I’m not concerned about the nerf to Astral Communion. It clearly was not designed to be a DPS rotation ability, and the modification clears that up a bit.
Also, it looks like we will have some Woodland Creature friends:
- Glyph of Mark of the Wild has been renamed Glyph of Charm Woodland Creature: Teaches you the ability Charm Woodland Creature. Allows the Druid to befriend an ambient creature, which will follow the Druid for 60 min.
Another beta build was pushed today, and already our tier 90 talents are being nerfed.
- Cenarion Ward now costs 14.8% of Base Mana, down from 22.4%.
- Dream of Cenarius now increases healing done by your next healing spell by 70%, up from 30%. Tranquility is no longer affected.
- Nature’s Vigil now increases all damage and healing done by 20% for 30 sec, down from 30%. Single target spells now damage or heal a nearby target for 25% of the damage/healing done, down from 50%.
Cenarion Ward seems pretty useless to me. It’s an underpowered rejuvenation, and after the change, is slightly cheaper. It has higher tick values but overall less healing. I guess a feral may like it because they can cast it in form, but it just seems pretty underpowered. With the exception of leveling up to 90, I cannot find a use for it over Renewal.
The Dream of Cenarius nerf means there is absolutely no reason for me to use this in PVE. Tranquility was the only reason I ever would have thought about it. The only thing I could possibly think of now would be in PVP, given that it affects Renewal. Might of Ursoc + Renewal heals for a huge chunk of damage, and if you can add 70% to that, you’re pretty much getting a self-Lay on Hands.
The Nature’s Vigil nerf means the overall sustained damage from Nature’s Vigil is only 3.33%, versus ~6% for Heart of the Wild. Unless you see some sort of burn phase where you get a bonus damage modifier, Nature’s Vigil will seem much less attractive. I’ll have to see what kind of numbers it pulls with Celestial Alignment + Bloodlust.
Also, the Horde bear form incarnation graphics were datamined as well, courtesy of MMO-Champion:
MMO-Champion has data-mined a lot of interesting things have been added to beta build 15677. First off, the druid cat forms now have armor for incarnation. We can expect the same for moonkin coming along shortly.
(Images credited to MMO-Champion)
As for the spell changes:
- Hurricane now costs 50.3% of Base Mana, down from 75.5% of Base Mana.
- Moonfire base DoT-damage has been increased by 11%.
- Ursol’s Vortex now has a 20 yards range. (Bug Fix)
- Heart of the Wild tooltip clarification: 6% Agility and Intellect bonus applies at all times.
- Nature’s Vigil now only affect single-target healing and damage spells.
The change to Nature’s Vigil is expected, since Mushrooms, Starfall, Hurricane, etc would have made it quite OP. The mana reduction to Hurricane is nice, although I’m still not sure if I like where the damage is. We’ll need Recount to really tell. The Moonfire DoT increase is welcomed, but DoTs are still weaker compared to Cataclysm by a considerable amount in both damage and duration, so I’m still not satisfied.
Other various abilities and talents also had their wording clarified that they can’t be cast in travel or aquatic form. Basically, if an ability does not specifically specify “in all forms”, it won’t work in either of those two.
MMO-Champion has datamined patchnotes for the upcoming beta build, and they reflect the changes promised by Ghostcrawler:
- Aquatic Form, Bear Form, Cat Form, Treant Form, Swift Flight Form, Travel Form now makes you immune to movement impairing effects, instead of movement slowing effects.
- Dream of Cenarius now increases next damaging spell by 70% instead of 30%.
- Heart of the Wild now also increases Agility and Intellect by 6%.
- Nature’s Vigil (New) – Increases all damage and healing done by 30% for 30 sec. While active, all healing spells also damage a nearby enemy target for 50% of the healing done, and all damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done. 3 min cooldown. Instant.
Do not be worried that Moonkin Form is not in the above list — shapeshifting roots from Moonkin Form was always available.
A few small balance druid changes can be found in the upcoming patch, mostly concerning PVP:
- Celestial Focus now affects Starsurge.
- Starfire was listed twice, so it wasn’t removed, just fixed. Typhon was removed, but as it was instant cast, it was pointless.
- Glyph of Hurricane now affects Astral Storm.
- This would be obvious and the change is expected.
Still no revision on our level 90 talents. I’m about to launch Occupy Blizzard. Who’s with me?!
Glyph of Stars received a graphics update… I am quite impressed!
Another beta patch is being pushed, and it’s still inherently obvious that Blizzard has no clue what to do with talent trees. MMO-Champion is reporting some interesting base damage increases across the board.
- Starfall base damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 34% of Spell Power, up from 31.2%.
- Starfire Now scales from 169.4% of Spell Power, up from 155.3%
- Moonfire DoT duration reduced to 12 seconds. Now scales from 24.8% of Spell Power, up from 22.7%.
- Wrath Now scales from 121% of Spell Power, up from 110%.
- Force of Nature now lasts for 15 seconds with a 60 second cooldown.
- Dream of Cenarius no longer has the once per 30 second restriction.
- Heart of the Wild re-worded. You now get all of the bonuses not belonging to your spec.
Tier 14 Bonuses:
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 2P Bonus – Your Starfall deals 20% additional damage.
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 4P Bonus – Increases the duration of your Moonfire and Sunfire spells by 3 sec.
Our DoTs have been decreased considerably as the beta rolls on. Initially, from the talent removal of the personal damage boosts of Balance of Power, Master Shapeshifter, and Earth and Moon, to removing the improved ‘Insect Swarm’. Our direct nukes had damage increased to counter it, but DoTs did not. Now they’re reduced from 18 seconds to 12 seconds. Nerfing it just to re-introduce it via the 4 piece bonus seems a bit cheesy to me.
The slight increase in coefficients is nice, but I’m still not happy overall via the DoT change.
Force of Nature trees still do the same damage, so they were nerfed, from a 33% (60/180) uptime to a 25% (15/60) uptime.
As for the changes to Dream of Cenarius and Heart of the Wild, I’m bothered that Blizzard is making small tweaks to completely failed talent options, instead of a complete re-work.
Needless to say, I’m a bit hot under the feathers right now. What about you?
- Soothe is now instant cast, down from 1.5 sec cast.
- Moonfire and Sunfire now costs 9% of base mana, down from 18% of base mana.
- Fungal Growth now has a 100 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Total Eclipse now increases bonus damage from Eclipse by 16%, up from 12%. Each point of Mastery now increases the bonus by an additional 2%, up from 1.5%
Blizzard apparently acknowledged that Moonkin mastery was too weak and provided a slight tweak to the numbers. Now, each point of mastery will provide a 2% boost in Eclipse damage. (Up from 1.5%). Since Total Eclipse also provides us with a base mastery value of “8″, that is going to boost the standard Eclipse from 37.5% (25% + 12%) to 41% (25% + 16%).
What does that mean to you? Well, crit and mastery numbers were trending about on par for each other before this build, and should now give mastery a decent edge over crit. As haste values were still leaps and bounds over both, I don’t think we’ll see a change of haste being our prime stat.
Moonfire/Sunfire’s base mana cost was reduced from 18% to 9%, but that is most likely just a tooltip clarification. (I’ll verify this later, but I believe the mana cost was already halved when the base damage was buffed by 50% in a beta build).
The fungal growth change is handy, as I’ve often been out of range of my mushrooms and unable to pop them.
The soothe change was just reverting to 4.0.1 behavior. I’m not sure why they changed it in the first place. (Probably to offset the small mana cost we face versus the larger focus cost of a hunter, but it’s still a silly way to do it). Since I’m no longer doing heroic Arthas, I don’t really care either way.
What’s your opinions?
A new beta build is being released, and the only balance change is to give a 1.5 second cast time to Soothe. It looks like hunters will not have this limitation, so hopefully we can return tranq duty to the focus-starving, QQing, murloc outfit wearing hunters.
Oh, and thanks to Balourd (I didn’t bother to look at the resto changes):
Rebirth cooldown has been reverted to 10 minutes.