A few hotfixes have been announced today, most of which were already reported here.
Caster hotfixes to note:
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs.
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer trigger melee procs from trinkets, however, it should still trigger melee procs from abilities such as Flametongue Attack.
- The trinket Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor is now pulsier, with more lightning!
- Moonwell Chalice should no longer grant its mastery rating bonus when the activating player unequips it.
In the end, I still think we come out better in the end.4.
A host of small hotfixes have been applied to live, with only one pertaining to balance druids. (I was hoping for a 2T12 buff!)
- Starfall should no longer hit enemies with whom the player is not in combat in Grim Batol or the Firelands.
I was aware this was an issue in Grim Batol, but not Firelands. They’ve yet to fix the previously hotfixed (but never actually hotfixed) problem where Starfall attacks CC’d targets.
EDIT: After looking at the patch notes a bit more, I re-read this:
- The Feral druid 4-piece tier-12 set bonus should now interact properly with Primal Madness and Euphoria.
I’m guessing they were referring to the Balance druid 4-piece tier-12 set bonus when they mentioned Euphoria.
I’ve made a few new Moonkin Guides:
Credit for Haste Breakpoints goes to Graylo, as I’m just reproducing his work in an easier to reach place.
Here’s a hotfix that came out for Starfall. To be honest, I didn’t know this was a problem. (But it would be nice if they made Starfall ignored CC’d targets, like a previous hotfix said it would.)
- Starfall should no longer strike targets with which the druid is not in combat.
Have to love ambiguous hotfix notes:
- Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar.
Just one small druid hotfix. One I wish they would address is the fact that Starfall still breaks CC, despite claims that it should not.
- Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral) will now remove Stealth, Invisibility, Vanish, Shadowmeld and Prowl from players.
Now that you’ve had a day to digest Firelands, what are your first impressions?
Do you like the new zone?
Do you like the changes made to balance druids? Did you end up dropping Lunar Shower? I know I personally saw a pretty hefty DPS increase, as I didn’t have the 4pc bonus prior to 4.2. For those who had the 4pc bonus, what happened to your DPS when 4.2 hit?
I’ve noticed this quite a bit since 4.2 launched, although primarily just in Zul’Gurub, and wanted to see if others had a problem.
Has anyone else noticed that Starfall, once again, will start randomly targeting mobs that you’re not in combat with? Where have you seen it?
MMO-Champion reports that 4.2 will be released on Tuesday, 6/28. Get ready to say goodbye to Sunfire spam!
What’s your opinion of 4.2? Were the changes needed? Should more have been done?
Blizzard attempted to clarify a lot of changes to classes in 4.2 to balance them. I don’t exactly agree with the balance changes.
- We changed several Balance druid mechanics to cut down on the damage they could do while moving in both PvP and PvE and to cut back on some of their strength in multi-dot fights in PvE. Furthermore, we felt like druids were spending too much time at one end or the other of the Eclipse bar by using dots rather than moving the bar back and forth as intended.
The problem here is that the devs continue to put all of our eggs in one (Eclipse) basket. It’s been this way since Eclipse was introduced, and now, especially with the buff to mastery, it makes us desire Eclipse even further. It seems the devs are fairly non-creative when it comes to finding ways to balance our gameplay except for tweaks to Eclipse.