I am totally stoked that League of Legends has created a viewing party program. I didn’t realize there was a gaming lounge in the Denver area.
If anyone else is in Colorado and wants to join me for the finals viewing party, let me know on Twitter! Or just message/follow me anyways!
I have begun playing a bit of Final Fantasy XIV: A World Reborn, as well as became a moderator on the MMO-C FFXIV Forums.
Do any of you play? What do you think?
A few talent tweaks to L90. I can’t see how you would NOT take Dream of Cenarius right now, despite how much I hate the talent:
- Dream of Cenarius now increases the damage bonus of your next Eclipse by 25% for Balance, up from 10%. Feral proc now causes your next two melee abilities to deal 30% additional damage, up from 25%.
- Nature’s Vigil now increases all damage and healing done by 12% for 30 sec, up from 10%.
The 4pc bonus has been modified on PTR:
The jury will be out until we see how this plays into the new shooting stars nerf.
Blizzard has nerfed the proc rate for Shooting Stars when cast on multiple targets. They felt we were becoming a DoT/Shooting Stars turret with no real rotation. To compensate, all of our nuke (and Starfall) base damage was incrased by 10%:
- Starfall damage increased by 10%.
- Wrath damage increased by 10%.
- Starfall damage increased by 10%.
- Starfire damage increased by 10%.
A few new glyphs have been added but are flagged NYI (not yet implemented). There’s no guarantee these will actually show up.
- Glyph of Guided Stars (NYI) Your Starfall only hits targets affected by your Moonfire or Sunfire.
- Glyph of One With Nature(NYI) Grants you the ability to teleport to a random natural location.
- Glyph of the Prolific Mushroom (NYI) You can now have only one Wild Mushroom active at once, but your mushroom deals 0% additional damage.
Obviously the damage percentage on mushroom is a placeholder. It’ll allow us to drop one mushroom to burst instead of AoE. The Starfall one I’m mixed on, because if you don’t have MF or SuF up on two targets, you’re not going to do damage with Starfall.
Some small quality of life changes have been datamined in 5.4 PTR Build 17124:
- Item – Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by
- Moonkin Form Shapeshift into Moonkin Form, increasing Arcane and Nature damage you deal by 10%. The Druid cannot cast healing spells while shapeshifted. While in this form, you increase the spell haste of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 5%. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects. Can’t be cast in Tree of Life Form. Druid – Balance Spec. 9.3% of Base Mana. Instant.
- Nature’s Swiftness When activated, your next Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, Nourish, Rebirth, or Regrowth becomes instant, free, and castable in all forms. The healing and duration of the spell is increased by 50%. Druid – Restoration Spec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.
We knew the 60% armor change was coming, it was the consolation for removing 15% damage reduction, but it still kind of sucks.
The 4 piece bonus change is ‘better’, but with the desync of Celestial Alignment from Incarnation, it won’t be as much of a DPS gain as we think.
The only positive note here is that we get Nature’s Swiftness back.
If you follow me on Twitter, you know I play League of Legends and watch the LCS streams. I can’t make BlizzCon this year, but I will be at the MLG Anaheim Championship this Friday and Saturday (potentially with other MMOC mods), if anyone would like to say hi! I’ll be watching the LCS matches.
Soul of the Forest was slightly nerfed on the PTR:
- Soul of the Forest Balance proc now grants 100 Lunar or Solar Power instead of advancing you to the next Eclipse.
This means you cannot instantly skip Solar Eclipses and stay in Lunar, which was one of the advantages we were seeing to SotF.
Here are the tier 16 bonuses as datamined from the PTR:
- Item – Druid T16 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Arcane spells cast while in Lunar Eclipse will shoot a single Starfall bolt at the target. Nature spells cast while in a Solar Eclipse will shoot a single Sun bolt at the target.
- Item – Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by 3 sec.