I am totally stoked that League of Legends has created a viewing party program. I didn’t realize there was a gaming lounge in the Denver area.
If anyone else is in Colorado and wants to join me for the finals viewing party, let me know on Twitter! Or just message/follow me anyways!
I have begun playing a bit of Final Fantasy XIV: A World Reborn, as well as became a moderator on the MMO-C FFXIV Forums.
Do any of you play? What do you think?
A few talent tweaks to L90. I can’t see how you would NOT take Dream of Cenarius right now, despite how much I hate the talent:
- Dream of Cenarius now increases the damage bonus of your next Eclipse by 25% for Balance, up from 10%. Feral proc now causes your next two melee abilities to deal 30% additional damage, up from 25%.
- Nature’s Vigil now increases all damage and healing done by 12% for 30 sec, up from 10%.
The 4pc bonus has been modified on PTR:
The jury will be out until we see how this plays into the new shooting stars nerf.
Blizzard has nerfed the proc rate for Shooting Stars when cast on multiple targets. They felt we were becoming a DoT/Shooting Stars turret with no real rotation. To compensate, all of our nuke (and Starfall) base damage was incrased by 10%:
- Starfall damage increased by 10%.
- Wrath damage increased by 10%.
- Starfall damage increased by 10%.
- Starfire damage increased by 10%.
A few new glyphs have been added but are flagged NYI (not yet implemented). There’s no guarantee these will actually show up.
- Glyph of Guided Stars (NYI) Your Starfall only hits targets affected by your Moonfire or Sunfire.
- Glyph of One With Nature(NYI) Grants you the ability to teleport to a random natural location.
- Glyph of the Prolific Mushroom (NYI) You can now have only one Wild Mushroom active at once, but your mushroom deals 0% additional damage.
Obviously the damage percentage on mushroom is a placeholder. It’ll allow us to drop one mushroom to burst instead of AoE. The Starfall one I’m mixed on, because if you don’t have MF or SuF up on two targets, you’re not going to do damage with Starfall.
MMO-Champion was able to datamine the Tier 16 druid model. What do you think?
In 5.4, knockbacks will now share a very harsh diminishing return, rendering people immune to further knockbacks for ten seconds after the first.
- Area knockback effects now all share a diminishing return category. After a player has been moved by one of these spells, the player will be immune for 10 seconds. This new category applies to: Fellash, Gorefiend’s Grasp, Glyph of Explosive Trap, Thunderstorm, Typhoon, Ursol’s Vortex, and Whiplash.
Not being able to typhoon back into a Vortex is going to be pretty bad. I get wanting to block class stacking knockbacks in arena, but double-tapping moonkin is just silly.
Playing around a bit on PTR with the new tier bonuses and new talents, I’m actually quite excited for the new SotF talent.
The 2pc bonus contributes to ~2.5% overall DPS with the Soul of the Forest talent, and obviously our 4pc bonus will make SotF more attractive, as we’ll be able to swing Eclipses much faster and reduce the CA cooldown even more. (Plus, it’ll no longer line up with incarnation). Both of these set bonuses are geared around SotF. I was noticing that CA was coming off cooldown ~45sec-60 seconds early with the 4pc. This obviously will slightly devalue berserking for trolls as well as Incarnation. It could slightly increase Nature’s Vigil though, since you’re going to be able to line up NV with more CA this way.
Soul of the Forest is a very fun talent to manage. It gives a buff called ‘Astral Insight’, which lasts for quite a long duration, giving you some flexibility when you want to pop it. It makes Eclipse transit time very fast, and I think we’ll get to the point we won’t bother wasting a GCD on an uneclipsed DoT.
Ysera’s Gift is an interesting talent. If you’re at 100% health, it’ll heal someone near you. I’m not sure if this is a smart heal, and it’ll heal OTHERS at 100% health as well, which makes your combat log extremely spammy. Also, it’ll place you in combat as it’ll heal people who are in combat.
Have you had a chance to play on the PTR? What are your thoughts?
Some small quality of life changes have been datamined in 5.4 PTR Build 17124:
- Item – Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by
- Moonkin Form Shapeshift into Moonkin Form, increasing Arcane and Nature damage you deal by 10%. The Druid cannot cast healing spells while shapeshifted. While in this form, you increase the spell haste of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 5%. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects. Can’t be cast in Tree of Life Form. Druid – Balance Spec. 9.3% of Base Mana. Instant.
- Nature’s Swiftness When activated, your next Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, Nourish, Rebirth, or Regrowth becomes instant, free, and castable in all forms. The healing and duration of the spell is increased by 50%. Druid – Restoration Spec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.
We knew the 60% armor change was coming, it was the consolation for removing 15% damage reduction, but it still kind of sucks.
The 4 piece bonus change is ‘better’, but with the desync of Celestial Alignment from Incarnation, it won’t be as much of a DPS gain as we think.
The only positive note here is that we get Nature’s Swiftness back.