Archive for March, 2013
My apologies for not having a weekly round up the last few weeks, things have been pretty hectic at home.
It’s now confirmed that patch 5.2 arrives tomorrow. Let’s take a look at what’s changed:
- Displacer Beast has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl.
- The healing granted by Cenarion Ward when a target takes damage has been increased by 100%.
- Revive and Mark of the Wild now cost 55% less mana.
- Faerie Swarm can now snare more than one target at a time.
- Mass Entanglement now has a 30-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- Typhoon now has a 30-second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
- The Treants summoned by Force of Nature now deal more damage and healing, and the Force of Nature tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets.
- Soul of the Forest
- Balance: Now generates 40 Lunar or Solar energy upon leaving Eclipse.
- Nature’s Vigil now has a 90-second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).
- Wrath damage has been increased by 9%.
- Starfire damage has been increased by 9%.
- Starsurge damage has been increased by 9%.
- Starfall will no longer strike targets that are affected by crowd control effects.
All in all, we didn’t see that many changes. The Soul of the Forest ‘buff’ really wasn’t much of a buff, and Incarnation should still win out in most if not all fights. The only major PvE change was the nerf to Nature’s Vigil, which is going to make HotW the go-to talent in non-burst window fights. Force of Nature treants still suck.
The damage increase to Starfire/Wrath/Starsurge are a bandaid fix to our actual problem (movement and aoe). The Starfall change was a change that was SUPPOSED to go into effect back in Wrath of the Lich King (but never did, despite it making the patch notes).
Here’s some comments from Ghostcrawler regarding both. A change was made specifically to the balance druid proc rate for the Unerring Vision which brought it down to par with the other trinkets.
Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD. Proc rate multiplied by 0.00 for non-caster specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.5 for Balance Druids. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.
Sinister Primal Diamond – 1.18 base RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD.
– That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:
0.302 Fire Mage
1.387 Frost Mage
Anyone Else: 1.000
The Unerring Vision will not be the end-all be-all of trinkets now,
however the rather high proc rate for Balance Druids with the meta gem is rather curious. Ghostcrawler has updated the values, which still aren’t horrible.
I will not be raiding this tier (I actually think my subscription is canceled by this point), so be sure to let me know what you think of 5.2! Leave a comment or reach me on Twitter @SunfyresNest.