Archive for January, 2013
Another change in the never-ending saga that is Cyclone … it’s range is now 20 yards. The tier gloves, however, continue to extend the range by 5 yards.
The cooldown has also been lowered for ferals from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
New patch notes for PTR were posted, and a few additions and changes were made:
- Cyclone range has been increased to 30 yards (was 20), and it now has a 30-second cooldown for Feral Druids. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.
- Starfall will no longer strike targets that are affected by crowd control effects.
- Balance/Restoration Druid PvP Gloves: Bonus now increases Cyclone duration by 2 seconds (previously increased Cyclone range by 5 yards).
A few changes came out after this, which haven’t been officially posted:
- Cyclone range was reduced to 25 yards, but now the Balance/Restoration Druid PvP Gloves yet again increase range by 5 yards.
I’m excited if Starfall not breaking CC actually works.
For nostalgia, here’s a hotfix that was applied back on July 1st, 2011:
Starfall is no longer hitting targets that are within 40 yards if they are not in combat with the druid or his/her party/raid members. It is targeting all hostile characters in combat with the druid’s party/raid members, is not hitting Stealth characters, is not breaking crowd control effects, and is not targeting nearby critters.
Maybe now it’ll actually work.
Karnudge, a Sunfyre’s Nest reader, recently tweeted Ghostcrawler regarding Force of Nature treants not scaling with Solar Eclipse, and here was the response:
Sounds like we’ll be sticking with Incarnation, regardless of the situation.
- Item – Druid T15 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Increases the critical strike chance of Starsurge by 10%.
- Item – Druid T15 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Nature’s Grace now also grants 1,000 critical strike and 1,000 mastery for its duration.
Oddly enough, the 4P bonus is probably weaker than our current 4PC, considering we get additional DoT ticks and get to reforge about 1500 mastery to crit.
What are your thoughts? I think these are much weaker than T14.
I’ve been playing around a bit with Force of Nature, now that it’s been buffed on PTR, and here’s what I’ve discovered:
If you look at the tooltip for the Treant’s Wrath, it will appear to scale dynamically off crit, haste, and mastery (Eclipse state) — it does not.
They do, however, scale with the haste and critical strike at time of cast. Right now, without any haste proc’d, my treants each cast 7 times. If Nature’s Grace is proc’d, then they each cast 8, and with Essence of Terror, 9.
With Relic of Yu’lon and Jade Spirit, my treants have a potential for hitting a training dummy for about 377k. Their damage though is very cooldown/haste dependent though, and the fact that they do not scale with mastery really hurts.
There’s also a pretty hefty delay before the treants start casting, as well. With all of my haste abilities popped, I should be able to get 11 wrath casts off, where I’m only getting 9. Under just nature’s grace, or no haste proc’s, I just lose a cast (per tree), but that’s still a considerable amount of damage.I do not think that it’ll be able to contend with Incarnation‘s 25% burst damage for 30 seconds (given that it lines up with Celestial Alignment). If Force of Nature were to scale with Solar Eclipse (which I think is the intent, since the tooltip numbers do update when you enter Solar Eclipse, the damage just does not reflect it), and also grant all of the casts that it SHOULD grant, then I think it might be able to be useful.
Until then, there are some fights where I could see it being useful, where you don’t have 30 full seconds of incarnation peen available to you (heroic bladelord is an example), but that’s about it.