A new beta build has been released, and while the patch notes don’t discuss much, there’s actually quite a bit of changes in store for Balance.
Here’s what’s been discovered so far:
- Fae Alignment has been removed.
- Euphoria revamped. Now doubles all Eclipse energy outside of Eclipse.
- Eclipse revamped. DoTs are no longer extended while under Eclipse.
- Moonfire and Sunfire revamped. Now lasts 18 seconds. For Balance only, Starsurge and Wrath(Solar)/Starfire(Lunar) critical strikes extend the DoT by one tick.
- Sunfire is now a separate spell (Balance only) that can be cast at any time.
- Astral Communion duration now 4 seconds. Restores 25 energy per second.
- PVP 4-pc bonus revamped: Allows Astral Communion to be cast while moving.
This changes a lot of things with our rotation. After playing around a bit on beta, it seems the way to go is passive abilities. With Soul of the Forest, it takes exactly two Starfires to go from Lunar to Solar Eclipse. Incarnation also consumes a global cooldown, which is pretty awkward. While it may seem cool to keep 100% uptime on both DoTs, I don’t think wasting a GCD is worth it, especially since we can move Eclipses so much faster now. Mastery obviously will be a much more important stat for us now, as will crit (due to the DoT extension).
What are your opinions of the change? I’m quite happy.