Another beta patch is being pushed, and it’s still inherently obvious that Blizzard has no clue what to do with talent trees. MMO-Champion is reporting some interesting base damage increases across the board.
- Starfall base damage has been increased by 20%. Now scales from 34% of Spell Power, up from 31.2%.
- Starfire Now scales from 169.4% of Spell Power, up from 155.3%
- Moonfire DoT duration reduced to 12 seconds. Now scales from 24.8% of Spell Power, up from 22.7%.
- Wrath Now scales from 121% of Spell Power, up from 110%.
- Force of Nature now lasts for 15 seconds with a 60 second cooldown.
- Dream of Cenarius no longer has the once per 30 second restriction.
- Heart of the Wild re-worded. You now get all of the bonuses not belonging to your spec.
Tier 14 Bonuses:
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 2P Bonus – Your Starfall deals 20% additional damage.
- Item – Druid T14 Balance 4P Bonus – Increases the duration of your Moonfire and Sunfire spells by 3 sec.
Our DoTs have been decreased considerably as the beta rolls on. Initially, from the talent removal of the personal damage boosts of Balance of Power, Master Shapeshifter, and Earth and Moon, to removing the improved ‘Insect Swarm’. Our direct nukes had damage increased to counter it, but DoTs did not. Now they’re reduced from 18 seconds to 12 seconds. Nerfing it just to re-introduce it via the 4 piece bonus seems a bit cheesy to me.
The slight increase in coefficients is nice, but I’m still not happy overall via the DoT change.
Force of Nature trees still do the same damage, so they were nerfed, from a 33% (60/180) uptime to a 25% (15/60) uptime.
As for the changes to Dream of Cenarius and Heart of the Wild, I’m bothered that Blizzard is making small tweaks to completely failed talent options, instead of a complete re-work.
Needless to say, I’m a bit hot under the feathers right now. What about you?