Since I’m still a sad panda, I’m having to rely on other sources for Moonkin information. I’ll properly credit those where I can. The round up posts will be updated during the day, so check back frequently. I’ll bold the new items in each update.
Tecton of ElitistJerks noticed a few changes in mechanics:
- Wrath energy is gained immediately upon cast, not upon spell landing. That lag (that was really annoying for Ragnaros) no longer exists.
- There’s no longer a lag between landing Eclipse and getting the buff. You should no longer need to pre-cast spells.
- Sunfire and Moonfire can simultaneously exist on a target.
- DoTs keep the static spellpower upon cast, even when refresh by Wrath/Starfire. They do not dynamically update each refresh.
- Glyph of the Stars form allows us to mount. It turns the mount a ghostly blue.
Lissanna was able to play with some mechanics. Images are below. She’s noticed:
- Balance Force of Nature treants are now blue, and cast Wrath
- Anyone can use the Tree of Life glyph, you do not need to be restoration.
- The graphic for Astral Storm (Lunar Hurricane) is a blue version of Hurricane.
huth from the MMO-Champion forums noted some changes to the Force of Nature scaling as well as how Celestial Alignment works:
- Naked, treants hit for about 800.
- In full T13 gear, they hit for ~3.3k and melee for about ~1.8k. The treants will attempt to get out of melee range and cast as soon as possible.
- It appears that int scaling for treants has been increased considerably. In Cataclysm, while it scales, it’s rather horrible.
- Treants do not appear to scale from the druids’ haste or crit.
- Celestial Alignment gives all the benefits of being in an Eclipse. Also, Starsurge extends the durations of both dots simultaneously.
- Trying to find out if starsurge extends the DoTs while NOT in Celestial Alignment. It’s not noted on the tooltip anywhere.
- Moonkin Wild Charge is basically the same as Hunter Disengage.