There’s been some more details on Symbiosis, although the exact implementation is still in the dark. This data comes compiled for us from MMO-Champion. It looks like Symbiosis will grant the target (non-Druid) player with a Druid ability, and that druid a ability from the target player (specific to the role of the druid). Whether this works for ALL class combinations for all specs remains to be seen. Here’s the details.
- The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
- The target cannot be another Druid.
- The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
- The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
- The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
- Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
- Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
- For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
- The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
- The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.
Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)
Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
Holy Paladin: Rebirth
Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam
There are a lot more coming, but we’ll keep some surprises for now, and many are still subject to change after testing. Including all of those just listed.