Archive for February, 2012
Dragon Soul will be receiving an ICC-style nerf. Although, unlike ICC, where players received a health and damage boost, the mobs will be receiving a health and damage reduction.
From the WoW blog:
During the scheduled server maintenance on the week of February 28, the “Power of the Aspects” spell will grow more powerful, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the Dragon Soul raid by 10%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Raid Finder difficulty.
Don’t need the help of the Dragon Aspects? The spell can be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul.
We hope you continue to enjoy Dragon Soul, and that these changes encourage you to attempt a higher difficulty, or just keep pushing to down that next boss.
Here’s some more information from MMO-Champion as I try to catch up on some Mists of Pandaria. Here’s some of the changes made to the talent calculator on Feb 16th, as well as new abilities:
- Feline Swiftness now increases your overall movement speed by 15%
- Displacer Beast teleports the Druid up to 20 yards forward and activates Cat Form and Prowl.
- Wild Chargenow has a 15 sec cooldown for all variations of the charge.
- Non-Shapeshift no longer reduces the mana cost of your next healing spell.
- Bear Form no longer increases haste by 30%.
- Cat Form no longer causes your Ravage to be useable with no Energy cost.
- Moonkin Form no longer grants you 20 Solar or Lunar energy.
- Aquatic Form no longer reduces damage taken by 20% and duration of the charge effect is now 5 seconds.
- Travel Form no longer reduces damage taken by 20%
- Nature’s Swiftness now only has a 1 minute cooldown but no longer affects Mass Entanglement.
- *NEW* Soul of the ForestAessina’s blessing grants a benefit which varies by your combat specialization.
When a Lunar Eclipse ends you gain 20 Solar Energy and when a Solar Eclipse ends you gain 20 Lunar Energy.
Your finishing moves grant 2 Energy per combo point.
Mangle now generates an additional 2 Rage.
You gain 50% haste for your next spell when you cast Swiftmend.
There’s been some more details on Symbiosis, although the exact implementation is still in the dark. This data comes compiled for us from MMO-Champion. It looks like Symbiosis will grant the target (non-Druid) player with a Druid ability, and that druid a ability from the target player (specific to the role of the druid). Whether this works for ALL class combinations for all specs remains to be seen. Here’s the details.
- The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
- The target cannot be another Druid.
- The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
- The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
- The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
- Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
- Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
- For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
- The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
- The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.
Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)
Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
Holy Paladin: Rebirth
Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam
There are a lot more coming, but we’ll keep some surprises for now, and many are still subject to change after testing. Including all of those just listed.