Archive for July, 2011
Updates may be a bit sparse from me for the next few days — I’m leaving the roost and taking a quick vacation to Japan over a long weekend.
One thing I wanted to make sure I post before I leave..
Everyone please join me in congratulating Lissanna over at Restokin who is getting married this weekend!
Have to love ambiguous hotfix notes:
- Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar.
There’s been some hotfixes to mainly Firelands and Molten Front, as well as some clarifications to the Real ID Server grouping feature.
Looks like Occu’thar (which was already a faceroll) just became even easier.
- The Eye of Occu’thar shared cooldown on Focused Fire has been increased, while eye health has been decreased.
- Molten Elementals can no longer be knocked back while having the Molten Power buff. Molten Elemental move speed has also been decreased by 15% on Heroic difficulty. These adjustments will require a realm restart to take effect.
- Concussive Stomp damage has been increased on Heroic difficulty.
- Eruption now increases fire damage taken by 5% per stack, down from 10%.
- The Eruption debuff is now cleared when transitioning into phase 2 of the fight.
- Successful attacks on Rageface will now always be critical strikes while he is channeling Face Rage.
- Players on the legendary quest Delegation should now be able to get the Dull Emberstone Focus charge off of Shannox’s spear more easily, so long as it’s placed within 50 yards of the spear.
And below, the clarifications on RealID:
I said this as a response on the blog and I’ll post it here as well:
We know people have concerns over this and get a bit itchy about the word “premium”, but for now the answer we can give is the one in the FAQ. Your constructive feedback though is helpful in the testing of the feature and will help us make sure it’s serving the community in the best possible way. What we want to avoid is people getting ahead of themselves and guessing at prices or spreading misinformation or rumor. We want this to be successful. We want the community to find value in it being available to them.
This is just one of several ways in which people can get together with their friends whether that includes them relocating realms and factions or not. It’s simply an additional choice that will hopefully make your time in the game more enjoyable for you and your friends. It’s not any more sinister than that.
In light of the new RealID grouping feature, I would love to start hosting “meet-n-play” dungeon sessions. I am interested in doing some 5 mans this weekend with all of you. That being said, an all 5-man moonkin party probably wouldn’t be successful, so hopefully some of you have Feral/Tank and resto off-sets!
I am looking at doing these during the day on Friday as well as on Saturday.
If you are interested, feel free to RealID add me. firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include in your note that you are from the blog!
Hope to be playing with you soon!
Edit: You have to be Horde… sorry! I’m sure Lissanna will be hosting some of you silly Alliance raids though!
From the WoW blog:
“When delving into the depths of Azeroth’s darkest dungeons, it always helps to have some friends at your side… now you’re able to issue a call to arms no matter what realm they play on. We’re pleased to announce the new Real ID Party feature is now available for testing! This new feature will allow World of Warcraft players to invite their real-life Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.”
This seems like a pretty nifty new feature. Time will tell if this becomes a premium “pay-to-use” option.
Will you guys use it? Would you pay for it?
Just one small druid hotfix. One I wish they would address is the fact that Starfall still breaks CC, despite claims that it should not.
- Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral) will now remove Stealth, Invisibility, Vanish, Shadowmeld and Prowl from players.
A few hotfixes went in today. One you’ll be happy with, one… not so much.
- It is no longer possible to cancel Lunar Shower by right-clicking the buff, or canceling it via a macro.
- Starfall is no longer hitting targets that are within 40 yards if they are not in combat with the druid or his/her party/raid members. It is targeting all hostile characters in combat with the druid’s party/raid members, is not hitting Stealth characters, is not breaking crowd control effects, and is not targeting nearby critters.
The change to Lunar Showers even further clarifies how useless the talent is now. As for Starfall, thank god they fixed it. Also glad to see it ignores CC.
An undocumented “change” that I’ve noticed:
The game now is apparently smart, and if you have 0 Energy, it’ll cancel the Eclipse buff as soon as you cast something. This is overtly annoying as your lunar/solar energy is set to 0 whenever you change zones. To test this, acquire Solar Eclipse and then relog. When you log in, you’ll have Solar Eclipse. As soon as you sunfire a mob, the Eclipse is gone.
This wouldn’t be so annoying if Blizzard managed to preserve your lunar/solar energy whenever you changed zones or relogged.