I’m… still alive?
Here’s a recap of Balance changes in 4.2.
- Entangling Roots and the equivalent spell triggered by Nature’s Grasp no longer deal damage.
- Innervate now grants an ally target 5% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds, but still grants 20% of the druid’s maximum mana over 10 seconds when self-cast.
- Omen of Clarity clearcasting buff from now lasts 15 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- Starfire damage has been increased by approximately 23%.
- Wrath damage has been increased by approximately 23%.
- Earth and Moon’s duration has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 12.
- Fungal Growth spell visual effect has been updated to be less visually intrusive and more aesthetic.
- Lunar Shower has been redesigned. When casting Moonfire, the druid gains Lunar Shower. Lunar Shower increases the direct damage done by Moonfire by 15/30/45%, and reduces the mana cost by 10/20/30%. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts 3 seconds. While under the effects of Lunar Shower, Moonfire generates 8 Solar Energy, and Sunfire generates 8 Lunar Energy. The amount of Lunar/Solar Energy gained does not change based on the number of points spent in the talent, or stacks of Lunar Shower. Those druids who wish to delay transition in or out of an Eclipse state should now cast the one of their two basic attacks which will not move the Eclipse bar (either Starfire or Wrath).
- Solar Beam has a new spell effect.
- Wild Mushroom: Detonate can now also trigger Earth and Moon, in addition to Starfire and Wrath.
Obviously, these are buffs all around, except for the change to Lunar Shower. Lunar Shower had become so powerful in it’s current state, that they had to make changes to it. It’s obviously still a great utility while on the run, however, the ‘moonfire/sunfire spam’ component has really been removed. The odd thing, though, is it appears that you can Moonfire right into Solar Eclipse, but you can’t Sunfire into a Lunar eclipse (since Sunfire becomes Moonfire again).