Sorry for the late posting on this and my absence the last few weeks. On top of all the work I’ve been doing I’ve been pretty sick, so I really haven’t had much time to post anything. I’m glad to see conversations continue to occur through the Wall and other posts. I try to log in and approve comments often.
4.0.6 went live this week. You’ve already been posting your thoughts in the other posts, but continue to sound off. I’ve pretty much covered all the balance changes prior to this, but I’ll rehash them again.
And for the 50 people who’ve asked, yes, [item]62047[/item] is pretty cool now.
- Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
- Entangling Roots now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Hibernate now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Moonfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
- Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
- Nature’s Grasp now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.
- Soothe is now instant cast, down from 1.5 seconds.
- Worgen and troll druids now have new art for Swift Flight Form.
- Fungal growth duration has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10. In addition, it should now be much more responsive when detonating Wild Mushrooms.
- Moonkin Form now grants 15% damage reduction instead of increased armor. In addition, shapeshifting in or out of this form now breaks roots. Note this is not stated in the tooltip.
- The Shooting Stars buff duration has been increased to 12 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- Starfall will no longer strike targets that are not in combat and will now drop stars at a slightly faster rate.
- Sunfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
- Total Eclipse (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 33%.
- Typhoon mana cost has been reduced by 50%.
- Wild Mushroom is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds. In addition, the radius of detonation has been increased to 6 yards, up from 3, and damage done increased by 30%.
- Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.
- Glyph of Wrath now increases damage done by Wrath by 10% and no longer requires Insect Swarm on the target.
- Druid forms now have an Archaeology Survey animation.
- Balance of Power’s tooltip now states that spell hit rating is increased only by Spirit gained from items and effects.
- Druids can correctly cast Barkskin while silenced.
- Hurricane now remains at the same location it was cast at while on a moving transport.
- Druids in Moonkin Form should now correctly be able to mount.
- Rank 1 of Naturalist now reduces the cast time by what it states on the tooltip.
- Wild Mushroom’s tooltip now shows the magic school.
So… opinions? And yes, since my posting time has been decreased lately, I’m always looking for guest bloggers. E-mail me if you’re interested! I would love to have someone post regularly about the PVP issues facing us balance druids, since that’s one area of game play I really don’t join in on.