Insect swarm was just nerfed on live servers. Looks to be doing about 50% damage from before.
More when an official blue post arrives.
Blue post here. Looks like more was just nerfed besides insect swarm.
UPDATE: It looks like Wrath was nerfed as well as Insect Swarm. Nothing else currently appears nerfed.Moonfire direct damage may ahve been nerfed slightly, although I’m not 100% sure.
UPDATE 2: Thanks to Hamlet, it looks like the changes were a 50% co-efficient and base damage nerf to Insect Swarm, and Moonfury now grants only 15% bonus damage, not 25%, to all spells except our DoTs.
My editorial: Okay, now that I’ve sat back, breathed, and taken a nice warm shower, I’ve composed some thoughts:
It’s not nice being nerfed. No one likes it. However, I’m okay with these changes.
Once the current bugs are fixed:
- Sunfire (the fact it is currently ticking every 3 seconds, not two)
- Shooting Stars (casting Starsurge and then proc’ing Shooting Stars consumes the Shooting Stars buff)
Combined with the new buffs we are receiving:
- Starsurge being affected by Moonfury, so 100% crit damage instead of 50% crit damage)
- 50% base increase to Moonfire/Sunfire damage
- Starfire reduced to 3.2 second base casts (Quicker Starfire casts means quicker Eclipse swings which means more Euphoria and more Nature’s Grace uptime)
I feel that our DPS will return somewhat close to where it’s at now. Also, these changes were done to 4.0.1, and it’s not known if they’re done to 4.0.3 (Beta), so they may be temporary to address the high scaling from outrageous crit and haste numbers we’re experiencing.
In case you’re curious, I went from ~14-14.5k on a training dummy to ~12.2-12.5k.