(h/t to Lissanna@Restokin for scooping this story)
New druid glyphs have been released, and are broken into three catagories: Prime, Major, and Minor. I will focus on the balance glyphs. For a full druid list, please check out Restokin.
- Starsurge – When your starsurge deals damage, the cooldown remaining on your starfall is reduced by 5 sec.
- Insect swarm – Still increases damage by 30%, no longer mentions debuff.
- Moonfire – Increases the periodic damage of moonfire by 10%
- Starfire – Unchanged (starfire increases duration of Moonfire)
- Wrath – Your wrath does 10% additional damage to targets afflicted by your insect swarm
- Focus – unchanged (still reduces starfall radius for bonus damage)
- Thorns – Reduces cooldown by 20 sec
- Barkskin – Unchanged (reduces chance to be crit)
- Roots – Reduces cast time of roots by 100%
- Hurricane – Slows movement speed by 50%
- Innervate – When innervate is cast on a friendly target other than the caster, the caster will gain 50% of inntervate’s effect
- Monsoon – Unchanged (reduces cooldown of typhoon by 3 sec)
- Rebirth – Unchanged (res with 100% health)
- Solar beam – Increases the duration of your solar beam silence by 5 sec.
- Starfall – Reduces the cooldown on starfall by 30 sec
- Aquatic form – increases swim speed by 50% in aquatic form.
- Mark of the wild – Reduces cost of MOTW by 50% (NOTE: GOTW is gone and MOTW is now group & already costs no reagent)
- Unburdened rebirth (unchanged) – rebirth no longer requires a reagent
- Typhoon – reduces cost of the spell by 8%, increases radius by 10 yards, but no longer knocks enemies back
I like how the glyph system works in Cataclysm, as you can always swap glyphs in and out once you have them. I think our prime glyph set is really going to allow us to tailor our abilities on a fight-per-fight basis. On heavy tank and spank, direct damage, little movement fights, I’d want starsurge, starfire, and wrath. During fights with a lot of movement, I’d probably favor the DoT-centric glyphs and go for Moonfire and Insect Swarm. Having a third tier of glyphs also allows us to keep favorites like Starfall, but also add in additional utility glyphs like innervate. I REALLY wish that innervate would have given the bonus if you cast on yourself as well, as a 20% mana return every 3 minutes is pretty weak. (Unless nerfed, mages get 60% mana back at a lot quicker time with Evocation).