Eyonix just posted the changes to stats that we will see in Cataclysm. Many we expected. Spell power will go away, and intellect will provide spell power. Weapons, however, will still provide spell power. Spirit will only be found on healing gear and will be an un-needed DPS stat. Balance druids will still be sharing gear with resto druids. But wait?! I thought we wouldn’t want spirit?!
Eyonix has an answer:
If you are a Balance druid or Elemental shaman:
- You will still share gear with Restoration druids and shaman.
- Your gear will have Spirit on it. It won’t have Hit on it.
- You will have a talent that converts Spirit to Hit. We will adjust talents accordingly so that you want about as much Spirit as, say, a warlock wants Hit.
- Hit on rings and other such gear will still benefit you.
- Raid buffs will no longer boost Spirit, so you shouldn’t find yourself unexpectedly over the Hit cap because of buffs.
This certainly looks interesting. I’m sure more will come.